Last night we were able to Skype with Elina and Kim. While we were talking Rickson fell asleep in my arms. I asked Elina if she was able to see that he was sucking his thumb. He has really taken to this and we don't even need a pacifier anymore. She laughed and said that she sucked her thumb, too. After some clarification due to the language barrier, we all laughed when we realized she meant she HAD sucked her thumb when she WAS a baby... she doesn't suck her thumb now. As we were talking Alia (the three year old) fell asleep in Elina's arms just as Rickson had done with me. She was sucking her thumb. I can't wait to tell him he sucks his thumb just like his birth mother and youngest sister, too!
We also talked about how he is such a happy baby all the time. He is always smiling and laughing and doesn't cry much at all. I asked Elina if the four older children had been like this, too. She said that Alia was very happy as baby, but Nickson (the oldest) is just like Rickson. (Maybe it has to do with the rhyming names). This made me smile because of all the kids, Rickson just melted my heart every time he smiled. When he smiled his face lit up all those around him. I will never forget that smile. And now, I have a reminder of it every time Rickson smiles. I now know where he gets it. I can't wait to tell him one day that he smiles just like his oldest brother. I imagine he will grow to have a similar demeanor, too. I love finding out the details... How blessed we are to have a family history!

No comments:
Post a Comment