I do not know if anyone reads my blog anymore. But it brings me comfort to write. I think that by now one would have
expected me to have gone back to my “old self”, to have moved on. But you can see from my blog posts that
I am different inside. Our
adoption of Rickson and blending our family with that of Rickson’s birth family
changed me in a way that has blessed me and has stayed with me in my heart and
mind. I will never be able to go
back to the way it was. I don’t
think some people understand or think it should be this way. It would be so much easier to just move
on. I do move on, but in a different way. I move the way
God is showing me. I take with me
what I learned and what I saw in the Marshall Islands and know I can do
more. I do not know what that is
right now, but I am trying to be quiet and still and to listen. God will show me.
Last Sunday I had the pleasure of hearing Beth Guckenberger
speak on adoption. She has written
a new book, “Tales of the Not Forgotten”.
As I read her book this week I wasn’t able to sleep. I laid in my bed wrapped in my soft
sheets and remembered the blog post I had written about Elina sleeping on the
hard floor with no blanket, while I slept in my soft bed. So this week as I tried to sleep I
found myself in tears thinking of her and all she has taught me. Elina faces trials every single day of
her life. But she has a strong
faith. Her path of faith is a path of trials. How can I not learn so much from that?
Today in church our pastor spoke about Moses and his trials. He spoke of the faith of many and how
it required them to move even when they weren’t comfortable, to move and be
stretched. So today I am ready to
move. I know the road ahead may
not be easy. I may question what
God lays in front of me. But I
know God’s plan is perfect and He is able! So I will move… I am blessed!

I'm still reading. Good luck on Gods journey!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Teresa... Hope to have some exciting blog posts in the near future about where God takes us. Hope you are doing well and maybe see you in July in Chicago!
ReplyDelete