Sunday, June 19, 2011

Not a Bad Day...

I am tired tonight and have been on my feet all day and running here and there with Rickson. He has been fussy the past two weeks, getting over an illness and figuring out it is more fun to walk and crawl than be held and contained. Tonight when he was fussy I stopped and remembered… this is not a bad day! This is nothing compared to what Elina goes through each and every day. Struggling to find food, not having had good water for days because of lack of rain, fighting illness with no healthcare, taking care of a large family with what little she has. I am blessed beyond measure. I don’t have bad days here. I get to experience a wonderful one year old baby becoming a child. I get to see him explore and learn. Each new phase is a learning process for all of us, but it is good. Elina and I are both children of God and we are held in the palm of His hands. There is some reason our lives are so different. But there is also a reason we have been brought together. So on this day I think of Elina and I think of my life. These are good days…

No comments:

Post a Comment