Thursday, April 1, 2010

Checking the Mailbox...

So, last week our I-600A was finally sent to immigration after several setbacks and delays. We started our home-study process in November. If you told me we wouldn't have our home-study in the mail with our I-600A for almost five months I wouldn't have believed you! But as time goes by, I am understanding why they say this is a long process. Most things are just out of your control. Chris and I just do all of our part as quickly as we can and then wait. There is a lot of hurry up and wait. So, today I began checking my mailbox for our immigration letter. The first letter we will receive is one saying they have received our I-600A. Then we get the letter about when to go for our FBI fingerprints. And then, hopefully in no more than three months, we will get the letter saying we are approved by immigration. Then we can officially get our referral for our baby. So, today started my first day of checking that mailbox. And this really is a big deal. If you know us, our mailbox is up the street from our house and we rarely check it....maybe once a week. I am sure our mail carrier is going to be happy to know that she won't have to stuff letters in the box anymore. I will be there every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment