Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Waiting List

So, on March 16 I found out we had jumped to number 13 on the waiting list. When I asked our program coordinator for a VERY rough estimate, she said we could maybe think to get our referral in five months. That would put us late August to early September which is exactly what we have been hoping for. She said most of the people ahead of us have requested baby girls. Since we did not specify, that might make things move faster. If three baby boys are born, then we are up! I couldn't believe it! She said not to paint the nursery blue, yet, though. We could still get a baby girl. We are so excited to see the progress! We know we are still at least three months out from our immigration approval, but if we would receive a referral before we are paper ready, then I know that wasn't the child God has planned for us. I know He has already planned exactly the child we will adopt. I can't wait to meet this baby and the baby's birth family. What an experience we are going to have! Lucky number 13...

No comments:

Post a Comment