Friday, August 3, 2012

Quick Arkansas update...

I know I am past due and owe many of you an Arkansas update!! Well... Arkansas was amazing! It was 12 hours down, 24 hours there and 12 hours back. It was worth every minute! So, as you know, we met Andy and her husband and two boys the first evening. The following morning we planned to meet at 10:00 at the hotel. Andy was on American time and not Island time because she was there right on time! We hung out at the hotel and really spent time getting to know each other. I love Marshallese Bwebewnato - just sitting and “having conversation”. It is what Elina and I loved to do and still continue to do as often as we can even across the ocean! It was so nice to become instantly connected with Andy and be able to do this same thing! Then we went to lunch with Andy and Lani, their two boys and another Marshallese friend. The local Chinese buffet was the restaurant of choice and is now Chase’s new favorite! He later explained to Chris on the phone that “wow, it was all the food you could eat!!” A great introduction to the all you can eat buffet for Chase. After lunch it was back to the hotel for some swimming. And then I got to meet the rest of the family… and their friends… and their families… I believe it was a true Marshallese style swim party. As the ladies and I sat in the shade under the umbrellas, I just sat back and smiled. It was so amazing to be with my Marshallese friends and family again. Even though we had just met, I felt home! As we said goodbye until next time, I felt such peace and excitement. Not just for the baby that is to come, but also for this new relationship I am building and this new family I am gaining. God continues to bless me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! It sounds like your trip and your first meeting went fabulously! I wish we had of gotten to spend that kind of time with our birthfamily prior to Maddie's arrival--we met the day before her scheduled c-section. It felt very rushed! I can't wait to follow the rest of this exciting journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris. We are SO excited! Andy and I continue to talk almost every day. She is amazing. Once again...we are so blessed!!

    ReplyDelete