I am sitting here in the Honolulu airport in the exact same terminal where I departed for Majuro a month ago. I feel like I have come full circle. I have not been able to access the internet here in Hawaii until now and don't have much battery power. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew we were on our way home. The last day was a whirlwind and we only found out one hour before leaving for the airport that our documents did arrive. I have so much to say and to fill you in on. If you all don't mind reading more of my journey once I am back at home, I will continue to write for a while. At least until I get you caught up. I want to talk about all the wonderful people I met, the last days with Elina, meeting the birthfather, our hope for a return trip.
Hawaii has been very good for me. I did not even try to get on the earlier flight last night. I just felt like I needed this day to process everything and get myself together. It has been a great day. Rickson and I slept great, we walked along Wakiki beach and spent a few hours there sitting in the shade just watching all the activity. We had lunch, stopped for ice cream and walked up and down the strip. It was a good place to try to get over my culture shock of being back in America. Life is so different here. This was a good day and good way to ease back into it. My first American meal in one month was a McDonald's Big Mac. It sure was good!
Thank you to all of you for all the prayers during this journey. I have felt them and they have helped me. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at home. I will post more when I am home and settled. I have so much more to say.
All my love...Yokwe...
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

what no fries??? Seriously, we're praying you home. Love, Becky
ReplyDeleteWhen we left Majuro it was very rushed as well. I know for me that was hard. I pray you do well as you transition. Praying for a safe trip home, and a happy homecoming!
ReplyDeleteBecky B
Gotta love a good Big Mac after being away for so long! :) Can't wait to see your new addition and all of you!
ReplyDeleteWhat?! No fil-o-fish w/extra tartar sauce?! Welcome home!
ReplyDelete