Monday, August 2, 2010

Elina's Gifts




I wish you could have all been there to see them open the suitcase full of clothes and gifts. They didn’t even know what to say. They were all shy at first and then became more excited. It was wonderful to see the children playing with the toys, wearing whistles around around their necks, trying to figure out what slinky’s were and how to put earring studs in their ears. The outfits are precious and I know I will see them all wearing them before we leave. Elina and Netha were both wearing the earrings that were given to Netha. The animal crackers were eaten before you could blink. Lucious took his crayons and writing pad and put it in a secret place in his house. Lucious loves to draw. We explained the shirt to them that said my heart belongs in Ohio. It was such a touching thing and I am so thankful to each and every one of you. The Marshallese share everything with each other. So not only did you touch Elina and her family’s life today, but many others, as well.

I hope you will enjoy these few pictures. They don’t even begin to capture the experience, but I hope it will give you a glimpse into the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment