I just finished a game of basketball with Chase. It was so amazing and so "normal". The little things like that are what make me so thankful to be home. I am not a good player and he cheats, so it makes for an interesting game. We laugh a lot. Chris and Rickson watched us and Yogi ran around the yard, well as long as his little red leash would let him run. It was a totally uneventful, perfect evening of just being together. I love moments like that!
I am settling back in to “life in America”. I do better and better each day. I miss Elina and the family, but each day gets a little easier and I am not so overwhelmed with the sadness. I have started to get out and see people and am enjoying showing Rickson off to everyone. We have been getting meals from our neighbors and that has been so helpful! I am still figuring out the routine of getting things done with a new baby, so not thinking about cooking has been a huge help! I laugh each day when I see my laundry piled on the couches. I haven’t quite gotten that down to a science, yet. I get the laundry washed and maybe dried, but not folded. Then it finally makes it to the couch to be folded and I get about half of it done. I am not worried about all the wrinkles and one day, I will get it all put away, too. Makes me miss the Good Earth laundry in RMI. It also makes me think of Elina scrubbing her clothes with her hands over her rain buckets. I try to think of her while I do my daily routine and know she is doing her routine, too. No matter how different they may be, it makes me feel connected at that moment.

Glad you are settling in Laurie! Blessings.
ReplyDeleteBecky
One precious day at a time.
ReplyDeleteLove you !
ReplyDelete