Some of the nicer houses - these have electricity (When I first arrived in the RMI, I could not tell the difference between a nice house and a poorer house. You quickly learn to tell the difference.)
Some poorer houses
These kids were so cute. They followed us up and down the street. Here they are playing at someone's house.
A rare sight - a two story house
Garbage strewn beach
Another view of the garbage amidst the shining Pacific
More houses
Popular mode of transportation
Local store (when I first arrived, I thought the buildings were run down. Then I learned this is just how they all look). They are safe and wonderful and filled with friendly people.
Another house
Not what you normally think of when you think of beachfront living...
Another local store
Usually outdated items are just sold on the shelves and you have to check for yourself. These are some REALLY outdated items. Great sale. They even had a jar of half opened mayonnaise that had turned brownish around the lid... yum!
Local store that had Guams for $6.50
Hope no one needs an ambulance! Notice the flat tires!
Handicraft store. This was our favorite one.
Local clinic where I went for my pink eye
The seafood Ramen noodles I ate for dinner almost every single night!
Home away from home... our hotel!

What fabulous pictures Laurie! I love them. You captured the feel of Majuro!
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures, and I like looking at them knowing that you are home !
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures Laurie! It was great to see you the other day and to meet Rickson!
ReplyDelete