Our hotel rental "shuttle bus"
I had a good cry and now am just letting this go. It is out of my control. Maybe God wants me to be here a little bit longer. It is just hard when I know I am ready. As hard as it will be to leave, it is time.
Please continue to pray for us and specifically for this package! Please pray this package gets on (and stays on) the Friday flight (which will be your Thursday).
I will not have Internet access tomorrow or maybe the next day, as we are set for our weekly power outages. I will keep you posted as I know something and can get online.
On a positive note, we had a good day at Laura Beach. When I went to get our rental car this morning that I had reserved they informed me one hadn't been turned back in so they didn't have one. They asked if we would like to take the bus instead. I said we couldn't take the bus the hour drive to Laura because we were stopping off at a birth mother's house and needed a car. She said, no, no, not take the bus, DRIVE the bus. Hilarious...we rented the hotel shuttle bus for the day! They have been so accommodating to us here at the RRE hotel.
One final comment for the night before I go. Doug was really enjoying his ham and cheese sandwich yesterday. He said to me how delicious it was and the ham tasted so fresh. I about fell out of my chair laughing because I told him it probably was. The pig had probably been running down the street in front of the hotel earlier that morning. Ah, life in the Marshall Islands.
Well, I am off for now. Tomorrow we are going to take a lot of street scene pics and I hope to post them for you all so you can get a glimpse into the reality of the poverty and beauty in the Marshall Islands. Yokwe!

Laurie, We will be praying for you all. I agree with you that there is probably a reason you are staying longer. Enjoy your time... Can't wait to see you all!
ReplyDeleteYou know we are praying, and God's timing will be perfect.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the Hotel has a boat you can borrow to go get the papers...a bus, that was hysterical!
Love you!
Praying Laurie. So sorry on the package. Praying it will be on the next flight. I am glad your brother is there. :-) Blessings.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, Laurie...you have finally reached that point. This part of your journey is almost complete, although it may be the hardest. Savor what time left you have on the island; enjoy Elina's company just a little bit longer. Life’s unexpected little treasures turn in to the most amazing gifts in life!
ReplyDeleteSomething you said the other day has been on my heart to comment to you on. From my own experiences maybe, or maybe both that and what you said....Rickson will be your baby too...don't feel like you are just a babysitter or second-rate. You are such a blessing to both Elina and Rickson for doing this HUGE selfless act of adopting him and making him your own. Elina is making an ultimate sacrifice that is to be commended, and I pray that you are able to always keep a tight bond (and maybe even she gets to come here and visit and meet everyone too!), but I want to make sure you know and feel like his mother too. He's doubly blessed- he gets to have two moms that love him completely where most kids only get to have one. I love you and am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteoh, forgot to ask...do you have an address that we could send stuff to Elina that she can receive if you are gone?
ReplyDelete