Saturday, July 10, 2010

Good morning from the Marshall Islands!



We are here! I only have a few minutes on my internet card, but wanted to say Yokwe! from the Marshall Islands! We arrived yesterday morning. I am completely and totally in love with this country! We were met by our World Teach friend Kim at the airport and it was such a celebration. A pickup truck took our luggage to the hotel and we followed. We passed chickens and dogs in the streets and had a view of the ocean on one side and the lagoon on the other. I have never experienced anything like this. We dropped our luggage in our room and went to the hotel restaurant for lunch. We did not think we would get to see Rickson yesterday. Then as we were sitting there, Chris said "I think Rickson is in the lobby". He was. Chris recognized his birthmom from the picture. Our friend Kim went up to her and spoke in Marshallese and invited us over. I went up to Elina and kneeled by her and held her hand. She handed me Rickson and looked at him and told him "Mama" while pointing to me. I really cannot even put into words what yesterday meant. She came to our room and we spent the day with us. We have met our son and have fallen in love. Miss you all....more later....

6 comments:

  1. Laurie, I am just so so happy for you and Chris and Chase. Your blog has brought tears to my eyes and I am just so in awe of the wonderful woman you are. Congrats. God Bless, and baby Shea can't wait to meet little Rickson!

    -Charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying happy tears for you! It brought back a flood of memories for us meeting our kids b-mom's and meeting our babies for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, Every time I relay this part of your journey I tear up and am touched. We love you all so much and know that God is answering all of our prayers in so many ways...even more than we could ever ask or imagine. We can't wait to see your picture posts and see what God does next! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been checking everyday in anticipation of an update. What you wrote gave me chills. To know that u are connected to your new son is just amazing. I can't wait to see what is still to come on your journey. Love you. ~ Toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am crying tears of happiness for you right now. You have truly been blessed. I hope the entire trip is just as amazing as your first 2 days. All my love, Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie it was sooo wonderful to see you ALL, your family of 4.

    ReplyDelete