Saturday, July 17, 2010

Today


Today Chris went fishing in the Pacific. Fun, huh? He caught a 35 lb yellow fin tuna! Tonight we are having a picnic with the other four families right down on the water. We are going to grill our tuna and feast on their hard work!

This morning I went to Elina’s. We piled 11 people in the compact car. A new record for us, but I am sure not for them! Chase enjoyed sitting in the middle of the front seat. I remember how much fun I thought that was when I was a little girl visiting my grandparents in Pennsylvania. Chase hasn’t had the opportunity to experience that in the US. Here is another shocker that varies from our customs (or should I say safety). When we quickly run into the store or laundry, Chase stays in the car. Not only is that what is done here, but you really are safe. The peace of mind with the lack of crime here is quite amazing!

We went to Elina’s yesterday to deliver her laundry. She invited us in to her house and fed us. There is more than I could say in this blog post about that. I will save that for another day, but it was an experience I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I don’t even know if I can put into words what last night was like. I need some more time before I am ready to share.

Tomorrow we are heading to Laura beach. For all those waiting families reading this and those that have been here, you all know what Laura Beach is!! For those of you new to learning about the RMI, Laura Beach is the one beach on this atoll that has sand and swimming. Funny how we are totally surrounded by water, yet you can’t really get to it. At any time you can look to the left and see the ocean and look to the right and see the lagoon, yet to get to the water we go to Laura (an hour drive). Looking forward to it!

I hope everyone has a great night. Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I goofed up on the last comment.) People in S.S. are following your blog. They feel so much a part of all this. Many prayers are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a picture of The Brothers!

    ReplyDelete