Chris and Chase are stuck in Hawaii. They have been at the airport since 5:30pm Hawaii time. The were delayed repeatedly and then around 8:30 found out the flight was cancelled. It is now 11:00pm Hawaii time and they are still in a line of hundreds of people that has not moved because they cannot find flights to put this many people on in the next few days. (This was a HUGE flight going to the mainland). Chase is absolutely exhausted from being in the middle of the time changes and my heart is going out to them right now. I hope by the time everyone reads this blogpost things will have changed and they will be in the air on the way home!
The flying bugs in my room seem to be increasing in numbers tonight…
Document news…. They are officially in Manilla at the US Embassy being processed! We heard from our contact that they are in the process of doing our Visa’s. This is great news considering sometimes it sits on a desk for up to two weeks. We did find out that the Manilla Embassy believes we all paid on incorrect amount on an invoice (due to Marshall Islands advising us) and we all owe them $29. Okay, fine, we will pay, get us home…One other family had some documents lost in transit, but we believe all this can be resolved tomorrow at the Embassy. They have assured us this will not slow down our process and we take this as good news that they must be making great progress on the Visa’s to have seen these mistakes. We all have an 8:30 am appointment at the Marshall Islands US Embassy.
I love Skype and have been able to talk to Chris and Chase many times today which truly lifts my spirits. Chris bought shirts in Hawaii for the boys and himself and a dress for me which we will all wear at Rickson’s Kemen (first birthday celebration – Marshallese style).
My pink eye is FINALLY getting better. The redness is almost gone. I do have several more days of wearing my glasses, but it is so nice to finally have the irritation going away!
We saw a beautiful double rainbow today at dinner.
I have such mixed feelings of how I can ever leave this place.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

God is watching over you all. It is better to be stuck in Hawaii than experience a mechanical difficulty while in the air ! We are going to be thankful that they found the problem before they took off ! Hopefully they can get some rest .
ReplyDeleteI understand from " Surviving Paradise " that the grandparents put on the Kemen !!!
ReplyDeleteHoping Chris and Chase are on their way home! Let me know if they need anything while you are gone! Enjoy what is left of your time in Paradise! Can't wait to see you and meet Rickson when you return. Your blog has become a daily habit for me!! Take Care, Jill
ReplyDeleteThe documents are going to get returned so quickly that you catch up with them in Hawaii!! Seriously, you ALL will be home soon, that is our prayer.
ReplyDeletelove you!
I enjoy reading about your experiences so much! I can't wait to meet Rickson and see you all again. I think about you daily and the stuff you are being so gracious about. I thought I remembered when I lived in Cincinnati how much the mosquitos at the old house bothered you and you were much more bothered about bugs and gross things than you are now. I'm very impressed! I know I'd have a hard time doing it but see that it is beyond worth it. Maybe me and you can make Rickson and Chase some "screwed chicken" when Rickson's older! That was so funny...good times we had!
ReplyDeleteAll the neighbors will be on the lookout for Chris and Chase!
ReplyDelete