
Oh the emotions. Elina and her sister Lorna came over for dinner tonight. She called me today because she was crying. I told her to come so they came for dinner. We talked about when we leave to go home to Ohio and she said she will cry. I told her I will too. Then she told me she loved Rickson, she loved me, she loved Chris and she loved Chase. I told her I love her too. I told her she is my family. The rest of our evening together was fun and we laughed a lot. She brought me one of her dresses (moo moo’s) and I gave her my favorite black sweater. We laughed at my Marshallese pronunciation and I laughed at her English. We have such a good time together. The six weeks here might be long and hard, but nothing will be harder than the day we have to say goodbye.
Just remember that there is a loving family and many friends waiting anxiously for your return to Ohio. We are missing you so much .
ReplyDeleteI continue to be amazed with the experiences that you are having as a family. The emotional aspect, while intense, just show how loved Rickson is by bith his birth family and his 'new' family. Someday you will be able to share these stories with him and he will know that there are so many people that love him. I'm so proud of u and Chris and Chase - u are being so strong. Love you and miss u lots.
ReplyDeleteI can't find the words to express all of my thoughts for you all. I know it will be so very hard, but knowing it is all because of a shared love will tend the heartaches. God's love never fails!
ReplyDeleteWe love you and miss you all so very much!