- Always take a flashlight with you, if you don’t a cell phone will do the job - the power outages, especially during eating, just make this more of an adventure.
- Bugs in my drink and in the restaurants don’t phase me and I am handling the cockroaches in our room better than I thought I would
- There is no place more perfect to see a rainbow
- You can fit 10 people in a compact car – smile and laugh, smile and laugh (and be glad the air conditioning works)
- You quickly learn the best hours to take a hot shower – it makes for a fun morning when you try to shower past 7am…. smile and laugh…smile and laugh…
- The nicest hotel in the Marshall Islands makes Motel 6 in the US look like a Hilton – however, I feel like I am staying in a palace
- The wonderful housekeeping ladies wash the sheets AND comforters every single day. You sure don’t see that at a US Hilton. Kind of makes up for those cold showers
- Sharing this experience with four other families all right down the hall and with our restaurant at the end of the hall makes me feel like I am back in college in my dorm room – sharing the experience with four other families that are quickly becoming best friends is indescribable
- Gas may be $4.80 a gallon, but they pump it for you!
- I don’t know which television is better – Japanese cartoons (in Japanese of course) or The CBS Early Show that we have seen a few times re-run from three weeks ago
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Things I Have Learned in Just One Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love all that your sharing...it is the highlight each day! Love ya
ReplyDeleteGreat post! This will be useful for me to look at before I come out to vist you! Aside from the bugs, the photo of your room that you posted looks pretty nice. Can't wait to see you and Rickson!!!
ReplyDelete-Doug