Sunday, July 25, 2010

What we have been up to the past few days...

Experiencing many, many power outages – thank goodness for our backup generator at the hotel that eventually will kick back on and the candles for our room while trying to change a diaper or give a bottle in the dark

Getting over ailments - I have been sick with some bug, but finally am feeling better today (our Monday). I now have pink eye in both eyes and hear from others that it can last for weeks here even with medicine. At least I know what to expect. Chase has a fever blister, but if that is the worst he gets we are thankful. Chris is sunburned, but well. Rickson is healthy, but I am so anxious to get him to a doctor since he really hasn’t ever seen a qualified doctor, let alone pediatrician.

I have lost my Ohio tan. Yes, even in the South Pacific I have lost my Ohio tan. I guess that happens when you wear clothing that covers knees and shoulders and try to stay in the shade.

Lots of laying in bed and watching movies

Eating Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup out of a hotpot! So thankful to have found it at the local store.

Enjoying our last few days together as Chris and Chase prepare to leave

Saying goodbye to the other fathers from our adoptive family group

Souvenir shopping

Picture taking

And just a little…starting to wish I was at home

3 comments:

  1. Does Chris need any help with Chase when they come home? Chase is welcome to come here and play if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, Chase would LOVE a time to play with Gavin and Olivia. The more things to tell him to look forward to about home the better. It is going to be so sad when he leaves tomorrow and he has made such friendships here he is going to be devastated to leave. That would be so great. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I have your number. If you want to send it to me privately, I will give them a call. I may give them a week or so to recoup and get back on Ohio time but he would be more than welcome to come over and play.

    Chris needs to get home and get on those Reds. They lost again tonight. :)

    Anyhow, send me your number again because I don't know that I have it anymore and I will be sure to call Chris to set something up.

    Safe travels to Chris and Chase!

    ReplyDelete